Nursery applications are administered by the school. Parents/carers should request an application form from the school office via email firstname.lastname@example.org
or by downloading the form below and returning the completed form to school. Nursery places will be allocated by the school, in accordance with Hertfordshire County Council criteria. There is one formal intake into Nursery each year, however, you are welcome to discuss a delayed start for your child should you feel this is appropriate. We currently have spaces available in our Nursery.
Will take place at 9.30am on Thursday 16, Wednesday 29 January and Wednesday 5 February.
Please email the school office email@example.com to book your place. We look forward to meeting you.
Nursery Application Process
- Parents and carers must apply for a Nursery place by completing an application form. This can be downloaded (Nursery Application Form below), or a paper copy is available from the school office.
- Completed applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or returned to the school office by 13 March 2020.
- Copies of supporting documents must be submitted with the application form for criteria 1, 2 and 4. Failure to submit supporting evidence will result in the criteria not being considered.
- Potten End School will make offers to parents/carers by letter via email on 29 April 2020 if they have been allocated a place.
- The deadline for parents/carers to accept or reject offers the school has made to them for a Nursery place is 11 May 2019. If the school does not receive a response to the offer of a place, in writing, the place may be withdrawn and offered to the first child on the waiting list.
- The Head Teacher and Governors will allocate places according to the criteria below.
Admission to Nursery is based on the expression of parent/carer preference.
If there are more applications than places available, the following criteria will be applied (in order of priority):
- Children in the care of the Local Authority or adopted from care.
- Children with exceptional social, educational or medical needs identified by professionals, such as a Child Protection Plan or Education Health Care Plan, where the school is the named placement. (Evidence must be submitted with the application in order to be considered.)
- Children with a sibling in Year R and above at Potten End C of E Primary school at the time of application, unless the sibling is in the last year of normal age range of the school i.e. is in Year 6
- All other children in order of distance from the school (as measured using the distance calculator on Herts Direct).