Nursery applications are administered by the school. Parents/carers should request an application form from the school office via email firstname.lastname@example.org
or by downloading the form below and returning the completed form to school. Nursery places will be allocated by the school, in accordance with Hertfordshire County Council criteria. There is one formal intake into Nursery each year, however, you are welcome to discuss a delayed start for your child should you feel this is appropriate. We currently have spaces available in our Nursery.
Nursery Application Process for admission academic year 2021/22
- Parents and carers must apply for a Nursery place by completing an application form. This can be downloaded (Nursery Application Form below), or a paper copy is available from the school office.
- Completed applications can be emailed to email@example.com or returned to the school office.
- Copies of supporting documents must be submitted with the application form for criteria 1, 2 and 4. Failure to submit supporting evidence will result in the criteria not being considered.
- Potten End School will make offers to parents/carers by letter.
- The Head Teacher and Governors will allocate places according to the criteria.
Admission to Nursery is based on the expression of parent/carer preference.
If there are more applications than places available, the following criteria will be applied (in order of priority):
- Children in the care of the Local Authority or adopted from care.
- Children with exceptional social, educational or medical needs identified by professionals, such as a Child Protection Plan or Education Health Care Plan, where the school is the named placement. (Evidence must be submitted with the application in order to be considered.)
- Children with a sibling in Year R and above at Potten End C of E Primary school at the time of application, unless the sibling is in the last year of normal age range of the school i.e. is in Year 6
- All other children in order of distance from the school (as measured using the distance calculator on Herts Direct).